so i have 2 very important questions to ask plz need help with.... adult content

i have very bad dandruff it started on back of my head and its been there for about 4 years on and off but know its starting on my front of head when i brush my hair back you could see it all white so im brushing my hair side ways but you could still see it a little bit its ver imbarrasing --it started on the front a few weeks ago when i color my hair red-since red its very hard color to keep i only wash my hair 3 times a week im not sure if thats the reason for it..but the one on back its been their eaven if i wash hair every day-i try selsum blue and head n shoulders but it seems to make it worse..any advise or tips to help me get rid of this damn dundruff... OK MY SECOND QUESTION IS...

i always had an itch on my legs well since i started shaving them because of the hair growing back--but about 2 yrs ago the itch got worse and know my legs itch like crazy--my legs looks like if they swollen like when you prego and your legs get like pinkish red because of the swollen-- know they look pinkish because i keep scratching them- and with a few scratches because of the hard scratching-- and very dry i have like patches of dry skin --im not sure because i hardly put lotion on them and when i shave i dont use shaving cream i used shampoo i know i know this sounds bad- but could that be the reason why they itch soo much ???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Health

• I don't have any insight into your first question, but your legs itching is most likely caused by dry skin. It gets worse in the winter when the air gets drier.

My advice? Get some really good lotion and slather it on. Don't use soap OR shampoo to shave your legs, that only dries the skin out more....get some good shaving cream with aloe or shea butter in it.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:39 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yea, try some skintimate shaving lotion or gel. They have kind for sensitive and dry skin. As for the dandruff, try a moisturizing shampoo?
    leasure0911

Answer by leasure0911 at 5:59 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• You poor woman! :-( Ok, I don'tknow what to say about the legs, that could be a host of different things. You should probably see a dr. As for the dandruff, it's caused by an oily scalp. And most of the time dandruff is recurrent because its fungal. You should have a dermatologist actually look at both your scalp and legs. He/she may have to give you an Rx. In the meantime, look for Denorex or Neutregena T-gel that has the highest % of coal tar you can find. Coal tar stinks highly but it works magic on lots of different skin conditions. Caution: It DOES smell like its name, but it is the best thing otc.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:00 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Oh and don't ever use anything to shave with other than shaving cream or shaving gel!!!!! I actually use hubby's because its fragrance free and free of dyes. It's Gillete men's shave gel.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:03 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I am going to suggest something wierd to use for your hair. Try putting some mouth wash into a bowl about 2 cups add some warm water to it and rinse , leave it in for a bit until you rinse it out let it work some and do this everytime you wash your hair for a while. It should help soon. As far as the dry legs i get them also I just use lots of hand lotion in the winter time. Some of mine is from having thyroid issues gives me drier skin.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:24 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It sounds like you might have psoriasis. Have you been to a dermatologist?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:26 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• The head and the legs. The problem might not be dandruff, it might be ezama. Go to webmd.com

Answer by louise2 at 6:27 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• my friend has really bad itchy legs as well, she uses Eucerin calming cream and it has helped a lot. But you really should see a dermatologist for both problems. hope all goes well.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 9:24 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i dont have an answer for the leg itch but as for the dandruff try Nizoral, it comes in blue bottle. its a anti dandruff shampoo and worked wonders for me. i use to have really bad dandruff and since i started washing my hair with it, i dont get it anymore.
    shan02

Answer by shan02 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 7, 2010