Can you crush on someone half your age?

My 18yo son's BFF is sooo cute! I feel kinda awkward thinking about it and I keep it all to myself, but I do steal looks at him when no one notices and I feel all in a good mood when he's here visiting my son.

I'm human, I'm allowed those feelings right? I love my family and my DH dearly, and I'd never act on it, but he sure is pretty to look at and charming as heck. Also found myself thinking about his face the other day and just smiled.

edit: if it was the other way around, the dad would be considered a perv looking at an 18yo girl that way. Thats why I ask. another case of double standard? ok for me, but not for him?

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• If you didn't have those feelings you wouldn't be alive... it's no different than say, me seeing a guy out in town and thinking he's cute.

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 5:59 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Id say its ok to crush just not to act on it ^_-

Answer by leasure0911 at 6:00 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have a job in a Hotel. I see people come and go. I have had some (to me) some gorgeous  looking men stay at our Hotel.  When I am around them I fell like you said.

It is ok to crush on someone who you think is good looking. Just don't touch.

Answer by louise2 at 6:20 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Of course you can. Just if you are married do not touch! If so, then never kiss and tell....

Answer by mamacita69930 at 6:44 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• As long as he's 18, your good to go! I feel like a cougar for having crushes on the gossip girl guys!

Answer by sunshine58103 at 8:44 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I'm sure everyone is going to think I'm old-fashioned or whatever, but No, I don't think its ok to have those feelings if married. "Those feelings" are how divorces get started.

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Read in a light hearted tone- not meant to be snarky ......
    so your saying you don't notice when someone is physically attractive? We don't come equipped with a hormone switch you can just click off :-)

I don't personally think its physically possible to not notice an attractive person unless you are legally blind and can't see anyone. I don't think thinking someone is cute is the road to divorce. If that were the case there's be very few married people. We'd all be single cuz everyone saw someone that had an attractive feature on a total stranger at some point :-)

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I met my husband when I was 24, he was 56 back then. So much about "half your age". lol It was absolutely okay and consent and sooooo in love with each other. It is possible.
    Six years don't seems much. ... Had I been 18 and he 50 ... My parents would probably given me a really hard time.... As I would if my dd came up with something like that.

Answer by BeachMom81 at 6:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• @Mama.. LMAO I'd never do that IRL, but its a sweet thought lol

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:46 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• my hubby's first wife was 17 yrs older than him, ewwwwww. and they met when he was 17, she had already been sleeping with his 16 yr old cousin. ewwwwwwwww

Answer by TXColter at 1:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2010