How do you rebel against the uniform you have to wear at work? LOL

When I worked in the hospital we had to wear white, white and white. I choose a different pair of colorful socks everyday. That was fun, because it really stuck out.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 6:51 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• atleast you don't look like a penguin in a bow tie. my job has us looking like men. We make good in tips though
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:34 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• When I was working at a Taco Bell I had my hat covered in stickers and pins. Most of us had at least one or two of one or the other, though. That was pretty much the only thing we could do. I heard that now they've incorporated a new policy so that not only do all employees have to wear their TB shirt , name tag, hat and black slip resistant shoes, but they all have to wear black pants and managers have to wear khaki, AND ALL employees MUST wear BLACK socks. How ridiculous is that? I read the handbook one time and they had something in there about how all employees had to wear underwear lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:07 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I got to wear whatever scrubs I wanted to at my job
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:08 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have senn Dunkin Donuts chicks wear beige stretchy jeans with spandex instead of the beige khakis.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 7:16 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I try to wear weird ponytail holders because I don't have to wear a hat. I also went for different socks one day and got in trouble so now I make sure my pants are long enough to cover my socks.:)
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 7:27 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• No uniform for me. I do have to wear a lab coat, but since I don't want chemicals to ruin my clothes, I've never had a problem doing so. Other than that, on days when I have meetings with clinicians, I have to wear "nice" (i.e., uncomfortable) shoes - I hate that, but haven't found a good way around it yet.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:08 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Donna - Cole Haan makes a sling back heel that is like walking on pillows. I think it's called an air sling or something. When the pair I had still fit (damned pregnancy) I wore them EVERYWHERE.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:37 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Good question. I haven't had to wear a uniform since high school.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2010