• In the Spotlight:

School bus came to early...erg

The bus came right as I was waking by sons up. They were in a panic and rushed out. I hope we didn't forget anything. This is the 2nd day the bus has shown up 15 minutes early.

It takes em about 10 minutes to get ready, wake up and have the morning meds (they have Autism). This time we literally rushed out, took the meds and grabbed their schoolbag and off they go.

This ever happen to you?

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 7:01 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in

• I slept thru my alarm, and the kids had 5 minutes to get dressed and out the door (bus stop is a 5 minute walk)... My poor baby fell asleep in my arms on the way there. We got to the stop JUST as the bus was rolling up.
    Last week it broke down, so we had a sub bus/driver, and they were early because the GPS rerouted them around 3 stops!!!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:04 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I never like to suggest bitching just for the sake of bitching, but 15 minutes early is ridiculous and should be reported to the school. Our bus stop isn't with eye-or-earshot of our house, so if it comes early (which it does sometimes) we just miss it, and that's not fair. I have to get to our stop 5 minutes before the scheduled pick up time every day, because half the time, the bus shows up about 5 minutes early. But 15 minutes? Ugh, I would be calling the school and complaining.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• No not really... but it would not go over well. My son has Asperger's and would NOT do well with the chaos of a rushed morning. You would never get him moving he would cry the whole time. Good job getting them out the door!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:08 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Never had that happen. I would call transportation, and let them know. Not allowed to be early here.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I sympathize with you. No, we live within a mile of the school, so I drop off and pick up. Have you talked with someone at the school about it yet? That does not sound right. They should be on time if not a little late to pick up the kids. All my best to you and your boys. Sounds like they are doing well with the morning thing. I am lucky if I can get my kindergartner to go to school on time.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:31 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• The one day my kids decided to wait until the suggested time to be at the bus stop (5 minutes before the bus is supposed to come) was the one day the bus was super early. It was just pulling up to the curb as my son and middle daughter went out. They ran the block and a half to catch it and barely made it on. My oldest was still putting her shoes on at the time and missed it as did a bunch of other kids. We ended up driving her since my husband was home that morning. Normally she would have to walk the 2 miles to school if she misses the bus. Now they go out there at 8am even though the bus isn't supposed to come until 8:23am.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• We are always ready way before the scheduled time. I can't stand to be rushed so I get the kids up and ready with plenty of time to spare. We have to leave the house at 7:30 a.m. and the kids get up at 6 .m.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• @But_Mommie... mine were having a fit, too, but we got thru it ... its a Special Ed bus so they understood :) but ya, its a pain.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 7:10 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My son was always an early riser.
    We never cut it that close.
    Did your son get to brush his teeth? Poor kid.
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 3:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

Next question in
At what age do kids start preschool?

Next question overall (Shopping)
A good family gift?