Atheists Draw Christian Followers...Literally

Way to show the love of christ this holiday season :)

Would it not have made your religion more credible if you had simply left well enough alone?

LINK (by the way, I literally spewed coffee laughing when I read this... warning to all of you nonbelievers, god still loves you!)

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 7:28 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Religious Debate

• oh it is too early in the morning for this drama!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• and they wonder why they get attacked? Bullies always have a hint of fear in them. Their fear in this case is that they aren't totally sure of their own beliefs, so they lash out. The truth hurts sometimes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Lol, that's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. How completely grade school.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 7:35 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I think it's kinda funny, as long as I'm not the one having to drive behind them both.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:35 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I like that sign, I have never been much of a fan of the religious or atheist signs but this one I like.

.Northernstar.

Answer by .Northernstar. at 7:39 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• That one comment had a good point - how much gas are they wasting to have that sign follow the bus around?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:58 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I see little difference between this and other displays of religious beliefs--the big one being that this is not on government property, but is an ad, bought and paid for by Dallas-Fort Worth Coalition of Reason.  Those who want to keep displays of Nativity Scenes and other religious symbols on their courthouse lawns should have no problem with another group stating what is a fact--that millions of Americans are Good without God--on a privately-owned bus.

I loved the comments--the one about wasting gas was a good one, but I was especially tickled by the picture in my mind of a whole caravan of buses and trucks in a parade of retorts and rebuttals--like a mobile message board thread. . .

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 8:50 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• JS- that would be too funny- rebuttal vehicles and what each one would say!
    I would join the parade with a sign that said "You all need to get a life" and that would be for all parties involved-but I have a life and don't have the time ;)
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:56 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I wonder how many Deadly Sins they are committing?

Pride - Thinking they can speak on behalf of God.   And thinking that  God would want or need them to follow a bus around with a truck?   Is that really God's way?

Anger - So angry that others are expressing themselves that they have to try and ruin it.

Sloth - They are only following one bus around? Sounds like they are avoiding the physical and spiritual effort of following ALL the buses around to me.  

Envy - Jealous of the attention that another belief is getting so they have to follow it around with a BIGGER sign to try and divert some attention back to themselves.

I'm sure someone can figure out how to fit lust and greed into it too.

VERY Christian of them, lol.

SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 8:58 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• LOL....fear never leads to good decisions. Definitely a waste of gas as mentioned by a couple people above. Why can't other people have a voice too? What are people so afraid of? It's not on government property; it's an ad, so have no problem with it. I think the stalking vehicle is just silly and petty.

@jsbenkert--your image of a mobile message board thread cracked me up! :-D
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:31 AM on Dec. 7, 2010