To those who own a business

What kind of business is it? Did you start it? Was it passed down?

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 7:52 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• I own a children's crafft business and I started it. It is a lot of work although I have loved doing it.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:54 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I own a home child care business. I started it and it has been a lot of work but it has ALL been worth it.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 9:20 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I am in the process of starting my own business. It will be an Entertainment Company for Nightclubs. It has been some work but I love doing it and it is a fun atmosphere to work in!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:00 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Snowplowing business. Started with the help of our accountant.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:58 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• We own a Carpet Cleaning business. We purchased a "Kit" that came with the low moisture machine we use, a hand held mini machine for stairs and furniture, several gallons of the cleaners, smaller type specific stain remover products, pads or "bonnets" as well as information about how to get started and such.

Our business is still "part time" for us, but we do roughly $1,000 a week. We are pushing commercial work now and just landed one large contract and hope to get several more and hire a few employes and more equipment.

We literally got our business started with just about a $2,500 initial investment.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I'm a consultant for La Bella Baskets! Check out my profile if interested:-)

Happy Holidays!!
    Jen
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 11:44 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Gift basket business. My husband and I started the business ourselves. Unlike uniquemom30, we are NOT consultants. We built this business from the ground up and control every aspect of it.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My husband and I have our own business. We work with a well established company(2 actually) and are both in the works of opening business from the ground up which is much more riskier than franchsing or consultant type deals.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:44 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 4:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• There is a way, that you and I can build and earn a residual income on energy bills. The company right now is in TX, GA, and just came to PA a few weeks ago. We will be going into a new state every 3-6 months. Let's get together for a cup of coffee and we can watch a webinar - email me at expandpa@comcast.net. This is an exciting time for people who position themselves with this company.
    Sandy
    nma928

Answer by nma928 at 12:10 AM on Dec. 31, 2010