Temps during pregnancy

I am now 2 days late and did test positive! Just wondering though, I chart and my temps have been 97-97.5 F range and for the past 2 days have been 96.2. Just wondering why?

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 8:02 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• For some reason, the response from you does not appear here (even though I read it on my email response page)? Thanks for your input. I have made a call to my NP as we lost a baby in June at 3 months and they couldn't find out the reason why as I m/c at home and so there was nothing left to 'inspect' once I got to the ER. I am just wondering if my progesterone levels are low as I know that you can get progesterone cream, supp or injections to keep these levels up in order to maintain a pregnancy, if in fact, that is the reason for my temp drop. I am so in tune with my body and everything that is going on before I was pregnant (and now that I have tested +) that I am watching every detail. I was fine and happy with our pregnancy test until yesterday and today with the 1 degree drop in temps but your explanation gives me some comfort.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 9:13 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't know why it disappeared. Gotta love the internet for that. But fluctuation in temperature are normal. As you progress, your temp will increase some because you are "incubating".

Good luck and if it doesn't offend, I will pray for this pregnancy to be a healthy one.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:48 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Thank you for your prayers! We have some very good friends and our church praying for us since our m/c in June that if it is God's will, that we will get pregnant again and go onto have a healthy pregnancy! So, no offense taken at all :) I'd welcome anyone praying for us!
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I am a researcher and I just read that it you have a lower blood pressure then your temps will be lower. My BP's are always 105/72 os so and that is totally normal for me. I have had a thorough workup just a couple of weeks ago and all my hormone levels were fine then; no hypothyroidism either (as can be the case with lower BP's). My normal temp is just 97 - 97.5 anyways even after ovulation so maybe I am just a wee bit anxious if my temp only dropped to 97.2 for the past two days.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Dec. 7, 2010