What can I do?

DH and I have been ttc for a lil over 2 yrs now. And still no luck I have irregular cycles and was told that if I went on BC for a few months then I would get pregg sooner. That was 6 months ago. We have a 3 yr old, just trying for another. Has this happened to anyone? Any advice?

And with our first it took only a few months before conceiving. So idk why its so hard this time.

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 8:10 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Have you ever heard of a conceptionmoon? I have conceived 2 of my children this way. Here is some more information...

http://www.babycenter.com/0_conceptionmoons-can-a-vacation-help-you-get-pregnant_1502144.bc

How do conceptionmoons work?
    Scientists aren't exactly clear on why stress mucks up the works, but whatever the cause, the effects are pretty clear. Research, like a 2004 study published in the journal Fertility and Sterility, shows that women who regularly worry about things like work or money problems are significantly less likely to conceive than those who don't.

Vacations are about relaxation, so it makes sense that some folks are now combining getting away from it all with something more purposeful. And as far as our survey is concerned, a conceptionmoon looks like a winner. Of the more than 1,000 BabyCenter members surveyed, 40 percent of those who took conceptionmoons conceived while on vacation

GL!!!
    SrkStrickland

Answer by SrkStrickland at 8:18 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Relax, stress of trying TTC causing more problems. Robitussin - as weird as this sounds - it helps thins out mucus when you are sick - well it thins out ALL mucus including vaginal secretions making it easier for the sperm to swim. Lay with your pelvis under a pillow for 30 minutes or longer after having sex. Don't have sex every day, sperm has to build up, every other day or every 3 days is recommended. Track your temps. If you don't see a spike in your temp before your cycles, you may not be ovulating before your cycles.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:18 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I agree, stress can keep you from conceiving. I had a friend that tried for 2 straight years. They gave up and were going to adopt. Four months later she was pregnant. Good luck!!!!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yea ppl always tell me to give up then it will happen. I just don't know how someone can give up on this. I try not to stress out about it but there is only so may disappointments a person can take.
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2010