Dec 7,1941?

Today is Pearl Harbor Day

http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/events/wwii-pac/pearlhbr/pearlhbr.htm

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 8:22 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My Dad always told of how sad he was when he went to Pearl Harbor during the war. He never forgot in his 87 years.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:16 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• there aren't many WW2 vets left I found out. Sad. And really kinda makes me feel old. They all started passing away all at once in the last few years.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:01 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Its was the 9-11 of its day and sadly our grandchildren will not know what 9/11 was just like our kids don't know about Pearl.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:32 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Why do you have a ?..? But yes, very sad day. I am actually living in Japan right now and it is amazing to see how far we have come! I hope to one day make it to Hawaii to see the memorial!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:25 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Thanks for the reminder...
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:30 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Plus, as sad as the atomic bombs were, it ended the war and thousands more people dying. Who knows what would or could have happened had we not dropped it. Obviously it would have been great it we could have found another way, a way to not have to use them.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 11:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I was 2 months old and my parents were so afraid of what was becoming of the world, being new parents. They have both passed away --I wonder how they would see the world NOW?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:04 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Its sad that it pretty much comes and goes and people don't even realize it. It's not brought up in schools. I asked my son last year about it, he didn't even know what it was.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:29 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It's sad that a lot of people have already forgotten that sad day Dec 7th,1941....Thanks for the nice reminder and we shouldn't let down our Veterans!! ...
    officemgr59

Answer by officemgr59 at 9:34 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Sad for sure. Has anyone heard anything about it on the news. I haven't yet. Pretty disgusting
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:35 AM on Dec. 7, 2010