What meds are OK for allergies in a 2 1/2 y/o?

My girl has been itching her eyes in the last few days... they're not red but she keeps itching them. I think it's allgergies, maybe because of the cold weather with the heater & the dry air in here. I have Children's Benadryl... is that OK?

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 8:31 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son was given Zyrtec at that age. I am not sure about Benedryl though. I have heard people do give it to their children by I never did.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:32 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Call your pediatrician and ask what OTC allergy med would be okay.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:43 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It depends on the child. My son has been on Zyrtec and Claritin since he was little. I would check with your doctor to see what he/she says.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• loratadine
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:12 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I use natural meds.. its called sinupret. Its all natural and helps with all allergies. They can also you childrens claritan. Just go to the pharmacy and look at the ages on the box
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 9:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2010