She's trying to get my Rx drugs AGAIN!! UGH!! adult content

My next door neighbor is an Rx drug addict. She gets angry at me when I refuse to give her any of my Percocet and won't talk to me for weeks except to tell me what a piece of shit I am and how I am a drug addict! She will carry on this until I get sick of it and call the cops, but our small town officer "feels bad for her" and says "it's not HER fault she has an addiction"....w/e....well it's not MY fault either! Neither is the fact that I live with debilitating pain from a major car accident either!
I discovered that she was using money she begged from me to buy drugs and quit giving it to her and told her I will NOT help feed her addiction. She got pissed at me and became my #1 enemy for about 2 mos. Then she made all nice to me again, told me I was right and she was sorry, etc, etc....ok, but I would NOT give her ANY money - "fine, no problem" she said. She even told me I was the "best friend she's ever had to care about her drug problem".....all fine and dandy.....until my meds started disappearing. I would change where I kept them and find her rummaging through the drawer I used to keep them in at my desk and she'd say "I was looking for a pen"......then I'd count them before she came over AND right after she left.....there'd be 10-20 missing. I confronted her again. She screamed at me that I was lying and that I was the one with a drug problem NOT her! Then I was #1 enemy again for a few mos.
At Thanksgiving she "made up with me" and said she shouldn't have said what she did - no admission of guilt, etc. So, now she is all friendly, etc. Last night she ACTUALLY asked me if she could "just have a couple of those pills - I have the worst headache!" I told her NO! absolutely NOT! "ok" she said. Then she asked if I would watch her kids ages 6 and 3 so she could go to a nearby town - where I KNOW she was buying Rx drugs with my money I was giving her last summer. I said NO! I won't help you get drugs in ANY WAY!! Her kids came down here anyway....just walked in the door like they owned the place.....I told her again, I would NOT watch them - that she needed to come get them. She came down about 10 minutes later and took them upstairs. I let myself rest a little and fell asleep - before my DH came home....and apparently the kids came BACK down after I fell asleep and DESTROYED my house!! My kids were trying to keep them quiet so as not to wake me up and told them to pick things up - well that didn't go far of course. So, DH and my kids picked up the mess before I woke up so I wouldn't get upset but my DH and kids are LIVID!! Apparently, the 3 yr old got into a storage closet and opened a box of keepsake art projects the kids did at school that I was saving and he took a pen and scribbled all over it. It's totally wrecked now.
I can't move, the landlord does nothing, calling the cops doesn't help me, and I feel like we are prisoners in our own home! I am sick of this merry-go-round with her. She doesn't parent her kids. She makes excuses everything they do because someone else does something.
I know I am venting and ranting,....sorry. I am just at the end of my rope! She gets mad at me because I won't help her get drugs, then she goes off on me AND tells all our neighbors that I am the one with the drug problem and that MY kids are the one's who destroy things!

What the hell CAN I do? p.s. didn't know what category this should go in....

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 8:58 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• BTW Kerp, not everyone reacts the same way to narcotics. I do not react to opiate based narcotics, they do not have a "high" effect. But SYNTHETIC ones do... Everyone is wired differently, and reacts to drugs differently. I would rather take codine than lortab (synthetic codine), because the lortab makes me stoned, the codine doesn't.

I have a high threshold for pain, and live with it daily (I have fibromyalgia, as well as NO cartilage in my right knee). But sometimes pain meds are necessary to function... I've been there too, in such excruciating pain that I could barely see straight. Unless you've lived it, you can shut it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:35 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Right category!

You need to cut her off completely. Tell her you want nothing to do with her or her kids, you can even get a restraining order if she is being nasty enough. There is no reason for you to have this woman in your life. I would pull my shades down, tell her never to come by anymore & to leave you alone FOREVER. There is no other way to go about it. If you give her an inch, she will take a mile and just being her friend, you are giving her that inch. Leave her be, there is nothing you can do for her. You have tried, but she keeps taking advantage & now it's affecting your life & well being. Drop her & tell her to never com back. It's really the only way. Good Luck!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:06 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Get a lock box. I keep all my meds in a brinks lock box that I bolted to the bottom of a dresser drawer. Keeps my three year old (and everyone else) out of them.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:06 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• You need to create boundaries. Obviously by now you can see how a drug addicts addiction works. It is your choice to get caught up in the insanity of her addiction. She is using you for the perscription medication in any way she can think of. Being nice, using guit, using her children even. Then if she doesnt get what she needs to feed her addiction she snaps and turns angry. You owe this woman nothing, she isnt even a family member that you might feel responsible for. Cut ties with her and her addiction, You dont have to answer that door, you dont have to answer that phone. You really dont. If she needs this stuff bad enough believe me she knows how to get it elsewhere or from a doctor. good luck

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:19 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Dang... it doesn't seem as if you have many options... just tell her if she touches your pills you'll kick her rump, in not so nice words. And tell her to stay in her part and you'll stay in yours. I'm wondering if you shouldn't call CPS... it doesn't sound like she takes care of her kids either.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 9:04 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• First, don't worry about what she's telling the neighbors. The ones that know you(and know her) won't believe her anyway. Second tell her to stay away from you, your kids, your house. That she's not welcome in your life in any way. Third, lock the doors so the kids can't wander in.

Yes, I know it sounds heartless and it's hard to turn your back on someone in such a bad place...but you can't fix her. Supporting and trying to be a friend to her will only enable the behavior. She's shown that she does not want help, and until she does there's nothing anyone can do for her.

You, on the other hand, have yourself and your family to take care of. Exposing them to her, and the kids seeing you bothered by the way she treats you, just isn't worth it, yk?
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 9:12 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• How do they get in your house/apartment?  Get locks and lock your doors. Do not open it for her or her kids. Tell your kids to not open the door to them

That will stop her.

Answer by louise2 at 9:15 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Kerp: Not that it's really the point of the issue - but the answer to your question is the last sentence of the first paragraph. READ the story then answer. Thanks.
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• get really good locks
    and use them
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:31 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Two Words: Restraining Order. It isn't hard to obtain, and the police have no choice but to enforce it, or face disciplinary action.

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:32 AM on Dec. 7, 2010