WHAT DO YOU DO FOR THE PEOPLES BIRTHDAY THAT FALL ON A HOLIDAY?

happy new yearMy oldest was born Jan. 1. I alway got him a gift and gave it to him on his
b-day so he did't feel cheated..

HomeAlone45

Asked by HomeAlone45 at 9:25 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• make sure that there is a seperate day set aside for the event.......its hard in the month of dec. because my nephew, my mother, and my father all have bdays in this month, but my siblings and i try to get together with my parents for nice dinner (without kids) and we have been meeting at chucky cheese for my nephews bday every dec. but he is turning 14 this year and we think he has out grown this so we are trying to come up with something new and might do a movie thearter night.......its hard but you can do it if you plan right and make the effort......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I would just set aside a special present for them and give it to them seperately from other gifts (if it was a gift Holiday). Just make sure their birthday is recognized.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:28 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• OH! And my parents always took us out for a Birthday dinner. Just them and their birthday kid. That was always my favorite part of my birthday. On Holidays that may be a little harder, but it can always be done the next day.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:29 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• We celebrate their birthday just before or after the hoiliday.
    officemgr59

Answer by officemgr59 at 9:30 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My birthday is Dec. 28th and I appreciate it when people treat it like any other birthday. Buy a birthday gift or card and make their day special...no matter what day it falls on.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:31 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My MIL's b-day is the 29th. We always give her a separate Christmas and birthday gift.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My dh's B-day is the 28th. I give him a gift on his day. I try to keep it seperate from Christmas.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:57 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My brother's birthday is on Christmas. I remember when I was little, he would always get one extra gift to be his birthday gift.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:00 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• We use the half birthday method lol. We celebrate 6 months before the date so that they get some attention on their special day.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 10:18 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My dd birthday is on or around Thanksgiving. Well we always get her a special food item. She loves chocolate covered strawberries. This year she got a horse for her bd. So I am doubtful that she will get a present for Christmas.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2010