It's a stupid pet peeve...

But I can't stand when people shorten their words when they type. I don't even do it in texts but it doesn't bother me as much when other people do it. For instance, probably is not probbly. One letter short for goodness sake. Again, I know it's stupid but I can't help it.

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It bothers me too.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 9:29 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It irritates me even more when they do it. Then you can't understand what they are trying to say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I am the same way! I send out phone texts and everything spelled out the way they should be (or I think because I still struggle with spelling)
    If I receive a bad text or message with shortened words I'll ask them to repeat themselves so that I can read it.
    I mean, it's fine to use lol, rofl, brb, those things but when "u got em spelng lik tis", that's what I don't like.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 9:40 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• You're talking more for text speak. Whn Ppl tlk lyke dis? I HATE that. I understand on here when we abbriviate words, because we only have soo much room to say what we need to. However, that doesn't include text speak, because I think that is incredibly Juveniel and appears uneducated. When people use numbers for words, shorten every other word, add extra letters (like two 'ii's), or anything of that nature is incredibly annoying.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:53 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't think this is a stupid pet peeve at all. Why type "u" and "r" when the real words are only two more letters each?

Oh, and I can't stand it when the people doing it say things like "well im tryn 2 hold my 2 ds n 4 dd so its hard 2 type ur jus mean >:((((((". Don't use your kids as an excuse. If your child needs your attention that badly, get off the computer and come back later.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:58 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't like to text by shortening anything, but ocassionally an 'r' or 'u' is used. You're only given so many characters, and it sucks when multiple texts have to be sent when something could just be shortened a bit. On the internet though - its stupid beyond belief. There are many more options for characters and you're not so limited, so why appear uneducated.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:46 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• agreed!!!
    MommysAngels810

Answer by MommysAngels810 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It really bothers me when people can't spell...PERIOD!......OMWord....it's a HUGE pet peeve for me!
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• K I will watch that for ya.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2010