developing fast enough?

I keep hearing about babies who love to chew holding toys or rings to their mouths but my 3 month old seems unable to do so. She will chew anything she can get in her mouth but I have never seen her intentionally put something there or really grab for an object or person. At what age are those skills typically developed?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• by three months they should START reaching for toys and I think its not until they are 4-5 months they actually HOLD stuff and by 6-8 months they have that pincher grasp ( thumb and finger). If you are concerned you could try putting it in her hand or encouraging her to reach and grab during tummy time
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 4:39 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• should and do is 2 diff things dont freak out just yet...just like humaniterian87 said just work with her a bit....all kids develop different....and if you are still worried as your Dr, but im sure she do it when she is ready my DD will 11 months soon and she hasnt even made the attempt to pull herself up and has no interest in trying to walk, i check out with my ped. and he says all is well
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 4:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2008