What measures have you taken to keep Santa a secret?

I'll need a few ideas as my child gets older.

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 9:34 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I usually use different wrapping paper then what I use for kids. Other wise when they have doubts I ask why and then come up with some reason Santa can do those things. Also if you believe in GOD as we do I tell the kids all things are possible as long as you believe. Good luck hon!
    binder5

Answer by binder5 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• None yet, but my parents would buy special wrapping paper and write with their left hands to keep us from figguring it out.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:48 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• When my kids started asking questions we talked to them about what they thought. I let them lead the conversation and at one point my oldest said "I know there must be a Santa because you would never buy us all those gifts." He was in 4th grade when he said that. he is now in 8th and knows the truth. We have always been honest with out kids and I tell them that the spirit of Christmas is what makes Santa real. We also started donating gifts to local organizations and this make the kids believe even more.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:49 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• What do you mean by "keep Santa a secret"? Do you mean keep them from finding out about his "existence" or keep them from finding out that he's not exactly an individual?
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:49 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• One year us three older ones saw my parents wrapping gifts (we were being sneaky) and we told them so the next year my dad had a friend of his come to our home at like midnight and wake us up by making noises while setting out our Santa gifts and that had us all believing again for a while lol.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 9:50 AM on Dec. 7, 2010