STOCKING STUFFER

What are some good thing to put in them?

HomeAlone45

Asked by HomeAlone45 at 9:36 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Holidays

• Candy, Gift Cards, Chapstick, Underwear, Socks, Small Toys, Special notes to the individual, an orange or an apple. Educational card or puzzle games. The Fruit and the educational game were two things I could always count on finding in a stocking from my Grandma. Now I have come to find that my MIL puts the fruit in our stockings as well! It's great, because it reminds me of the great Holidays at my Grandparent's house!

You could also put in makeup (for those old enough for it), jewelry, a new watch, their favorite treat (outside of candy) .. One year I bought a special ortiment for each of my immediate family and attached it to one of their gifts. You could do that with the stocking stuffer. Something that resembles them .. like an Ice Skate if they're ice skaters, etc.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:41 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• tooth brushes and paste, candy, gift cards, chapstick., socks, makeup, deo, stickers, small toys

rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• for my kids (ages 5 and 7) i put some candy, cd or dvd and a webkinz stuffed animal.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 9:44 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I always do a movie in each stocking, an orange, a bit of candy (tailored to the person, so hubby gets dark chocolate, DD gets M&Ms, and I get milk with caramel!), and then some toys for the kid(s) and often times hair stuff.

For older people, I like to put chapstick, lotion, bubble bath, beef jerky, nuts, gift cars are nice, and normally any small stuff that I've picked up just goes in there, like this year hubby is getting Jack Daniel's coffee.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 9:44 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Candy, fruit, small toys..
    officemgr59

Answer by officemgr59 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Candy. GOTTA have plenty of candy.

When they were younger, we also put in small toys and small pieces of fruit (apples, sweet tangerines, baby pears), nuts in their shells.

As they approached their teen years, they rejected the fruits and nuts, so we make those part of the table decoration. Instead we add:
    chapstick, small makeup items for my daughter, flash drive sticks, gift cards, new earbuds for their ipods (they always seem to wear out), key-chains. Stuff like that.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 11:44 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• DS usually gets gummy life savers, an orange or two, a candy cane, a toothbrush and a matchbox car. This year he is also getting a solid chocolate walrus (he LOVES walruses)

In DHs I generally put an orange, a candy cane, a toothbrush, some lifesavers, and a GameStop gift card.

My stocking I put the orange, candy cane, toothbrush, and lifesavers, and DH is in charge of putting one more thing of his choosing.

We learned a couple years ago that the boy gets very upset if Santa forgets Mommy and Daddy
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2010