What do you give your 3-4 yr old for tummy troubles?

Just wondering if there is anything OTC for this age, or if you have any home remedies you like, (or both!). Or do you just take them to the ped? Thinking of stomachache, vomiting, and/or diarrhea...

Thanks!

FelipesMom

Asked by FelipesMom at 9:36 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• yogurt always works like a dream. Just make sure it actually had probiotics in it, some crappy yogurts do not.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:27 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• If this is the first day of vomiting, Diarrhea, and a stomache then you can wait to take her to the doctor. Just feed her simple foods, like plain broth, buttered toast, Saltines, and things of that nature. Keep her hydrated either with Pedialite or just plain water. Give her a warm bath or shower to help her body fight off the virus, and keep her still today. If it persists for one or two more days then take her to the Pediatrician.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have used Children's Pepto-Bismol and it works well.
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 10:05 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:29 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• keep the child hydrated,lots of fluids because they get dehydrated easier than we do.....try giving the child toast with a little butter,or crackers,umm ginger ale,karo syrup worked for my little one when he was younger....i dont know how but it did....if the child was older id say give him/her a piece of ginger root to chew on or even a small sliver of garlic but dont let them swallow it....some home remedies work and some dont....you just have to make sure that he/she isnt allergic to certain things....good luck hun...
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Thanks, Jazz! Actually my son isn't sick - I was just wondering. He had a rough day not too long ago and it occurred to me I really don't have a lot up my sleeve besides ginger tea or a trip to the doctor. Just wondering what other moms do to treat the symptoms at home. Thanks!!
    FelipesMom

Comment by FelipesMom (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Dec. 7, 2010