So much for my free time...

My kid got suspended for the next 2 days (literally right now) and I have to go pick him up for having a fight again. His autism is just out of control. Plus I get to hear all the details which right now I don't care about. It makes you feel so indifferent and wanna give up after awhile. Of course I care, but I'm just soooo mentally tired of hearing it day after day.

That aside, I swear anytime I get a few minutes to myself, something like this happens. I know its selfish of me, but I'm so sick of never having time to myself to just veg and not have to worry about other people's needs right now. Its always about him or something with my DH.

I'd like some time for me that does involve sacrificing sleep and getting up during pre-dawn hours to get it. Vent over.

to add: This disability is one of the reasons I can't work or do much in my life cuz I always have to be on call to go get him at a moment's notice. Really sux sometimes.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 9:47 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• your only human and there is nothing wrong with the feelings you are having! ;).. some days i feel the same way.. my life revolves around everyone else and eeryones elses needs.. but what about Bobbie? I guess where just those kinds of people who give and give.. butttt one day we will reap the rewards of making sure everyone else is taken care of..
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 9:57 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Sorry for your troubles. Hope things get better!!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:52 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• You are not selfish. You are trying to remain sane and having "ME" time is the best way.
    Good luck with everything.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:16 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Thanks :) gonna call my DH and cry on his shoulder for a minute before I get the boy.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Dec. 7, 2010