what kind of men think that since their child's mother receives food stamps and medicaid insurance. that he goes not have to do anything. my son's dad told me the govt. is doing everything. yeah right i have to pay for clothes, childcare, toys, baby gear, pampers, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• one who thinks its not their problem to support a child they help make
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Look up "deadbeat dad laws" in your state if he's not giving you child support.

That is what this is about, right?
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:04 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• He's still legally required to pay for his child. I'm sure taxpayers would love to sit him down and explain it to him thoroughly. How about showing him this thread? Maybe going to the courts and making him pay child support?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:05 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• im assuming this a** thinks he doesn't have to give your son extra money for his other needs and assumes the govt is taking care of all his needs? plan a visit to the child support enforcement office. your son is entitled to child support, the foodstamps/medicaid are separate issues from child support. he'll most likely have to pay less with you receiving those forms of assistance, but he still has to pay whatever amount they decide he needs to pay. and chances are it will come right from his check, so you don't have to worry about asking him. im surprised the medicaid office didn't ask you to file for c/s, they did here in florida when i went to apply for medicaid for my oldest and it was required that he pay c/s in order for my child to get medicaid.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• the kind you slept with.
    did you think he would change with you getting pregnant?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:12 AM on Dec. 7, 2010