for those whose children believe in Santa: question about gifts

im debating this year whether to put the gifts marked as "from mommy & daddy" and from one sister to the other under the tree now or do it all on Christmas Eve. i was planning to wait til Xmas Eve for 2 reasons: the Santa thing and my 10 month old will bother the presents daily im sure! And my 4 year old will probably bug me about them too if put under early. however, some of their gifts i obviously marked "from Santa" and those ill def wait til Eve to put under there after they go to bed. im wondering about the validity of Santa in my 4 year old's eyes if i put them all under there, she might wonder why Santa brought her gifts from mommy & daddy too lol!

how do you do the gift situation? put your stuff under there early and Santa's on Xmas Eve, or wait til Xmas Eve to do it all?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:04 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Holidays

• The good stuff comes from mommy and daddy and the OK gifts come from Santa since he has sooo many children to give to. Those gifts are wrapped in different paper and placed under the tree after my twins are in bed Christmas eve. Honestly I was getting a little jealous of Santa getting all the credit. lol

SueAnd2

Answer by SueAnd2 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I put them under the tree as I get them wrapped and then put Santa's under the tree on Christmas Eve.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:05 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Wrap them in different paper. When kids wake up to gifts they forget to ask questions. If she asks just say you put yours out and then you go to bed for Santa to come.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Most gifts go under the tree prior to Christmas so the kids can see them and get excited about them. On Christmas Eve Santa delivers his gifts and I put out the rest of mine. That way, when they wake up, the tree is over flowing with gifts and it looks much grander than it did the day before.
    Santa also usually leaves his gifts unwrapped, esp. if they are very large.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:07 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My husband does all the Santa stuff. He places the gifts under the tree from family and friends during the month, then on Christmas Eve when the kids are asleep, he puts the Santa toys under the tree.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 10:08 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Wrap them in different paper.

Oh yeah, hubbs does this too.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 10:09 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• We have tons from Santa (they are currently in the attic & will be put on on Christmas Eve night)..
    We have a few from us.. that are under the tree now.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:11 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Normally I put them all under the tree on Christmas Eve, but this year we're only doing the Santa present on Christmas and the rest a few days later when dad comes home, so I've been putting them under the tree as I wrap them. Right now, almost everything is there. However, if I had a baby to deal with, I would just wait so that I didn't have to guard the presents all the time. I always do more expensive, shiny wrapping paper for Santa gifts, so that they stand out.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:14 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't do Santa, but I am still waiting until much closer to Christmas to put the gifts under the tree, simply b/c I don't think my 4 yr old woul dbe able to wait that long if they were right there under his nose lol!

As for what you could do, I'm assuming your gifts are wrapped, so you could always put them under the tree on the 24th WITH your kids - telling them "Oh boy, we get to open these tomorrow! I wonder if Santa will bring us any more presents?" or something similar.

Another idea, if you'd like, is to wrap presents from mom and dad, but let Santa leave unwrapped presents - when I was a kid Santa never wrapped his gifts, just left them under the tree for us to see as soon as we got up.

Merry Christmas!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:14 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I put them under the tree on Christmas EVE after everyone is in bed simply because with my 4 yr old and 2 year old (not to mention all theother little ones we have here to hang out ....oh my ...paper would be a flyin!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:17 AM on Dec. 7, 2010