how many?

times a day should my 6month old eat baby food?? and how many veggies how many fruits a day?? a should i use the stage one or stage 2? shes been on it for almost a month now?

Tiffany_Rivera_

Asked by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 10:19 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ask the doctor.

Answer by older at 10:21 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It all depends on your baby's appetite, really. But at this point they usually recommend working up to 3 meals a day. You can try stage 2 any time you are ready to, the only difference is texture and there are more mixed ones. Just add them like you do any other new food and watch for allergies. My dd got a meal plan chart from her nutritionist and it says for 6 month old's they should be eating 4 or more tablespoons of cereal a day and just as much fruit and veggies as their appetite allows. I usually give dd fruit at breakfast, veggies at lunch, and veggies for dinner. Don't worry about finishing jars/servings, just feed your LO until full.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It depends. I usually did 2 jars at each feeding. Which was a breakfast type thing like fruit for morning. Then lunch was a combination of fruits. At 6 months they might not be ready to digest fruits though, So, for that first part of starting it will be bland. One veggie a day that they are trying and getting use to the taste. You want to make sure at this stage not to go to fast or too much, and a combination. You want to watch for signs of a breakout to something, so you have to know what you've given them.
    DOn't worry to much about the stages they should be on for their age. The thing is are they able to process or swallow the food that 's being given. But, I would stick to Stage 1 a little bit longer and also talk to the doctor if questions!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i did half jar of veggie, half jar of fruit, and half jar of meat for lunch and dinner. everyone does things differently. if you think your baby has mastered stage 1 baby foods with no problems. then go for stage 2. it's just not so liquidy and also more combinations in food. here is my baby's feeding schedule for your reference.

My baby's feeding schedule:
    6am: yobaby yogurt or flavored rice cereal followed by bottle of formula
    9am: snack followed by bottle of formula
    12pm: half jar of meat, veggies, and fruit followed by sippy cup w/ 1oz water and 1oz juice.
    3pm: snack followed by bottle of formula
    6pm: half jar of meat, veggies, and fruit followed by sippy cup w/ 1oz water and 1oz juice.
    9pm: bottle of formula
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 2:25 AM on Dec. 8, 2010