how can i keep my 3 yr old?

in his room now hes been getting up at 7 and roaming the house. its not that i dont want him up its that i wanna know when he gets out????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Put a baby gate up in the doorway of his room. Hopefully he can't climb it.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• put an alarm on for yourself and get up before him
    or
    use a baby monitor so you can hear him
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:26 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Put something in front of his door that will make a sound when he opens it. Like a large empty mason jar, or something with bells all over it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:26 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• fiatpax where do u find those??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Do as they do in the store, get some bells and put them on his door so when it opens, you can hear it. :-) And 3 is old enough to know that he needs to wake you up or stay in his room.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 10:28 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have a child proof door knob thing on my daughters door. She can't open that.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• get your lazy ass out of bed befor he does, and to the lady who put a child proof cap on her three year olds door that is stupid, she cant get out if something were wrong.
    koolmom343

Answer by koolmom343 at 12:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Have you tried using a baby gate or two
    NevansMommy

Answer by NevansMommy at 3:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Ok, first please don't put a child proof cap on the door that is so dangerous what if he were sick and needed you or something else was wrong.
    Have you told him to come and get you when he wakes up? I know my son (3yo) comes straight to my room and tells me momma get up sometimes he has to tell me a couple times because I have a 17 month old who is teething and up a lot at night anyway we say good morning and I love you and I carry him to the couch and get him something to drink and a breakfast bar to tide him over while I get coffee going & go to the bathroom & my dd usually wakes up.
    If he won't come and get you then for sure put a bell on his door...I'm not sure about the gates because again what if he is sick...can you hear him from your room if he were yelling for you or throwing up...if so then try the gates...not a big fan but you also need to keep him safe. I would try a bell or alarm on the door first. Good luck
    NaturalMomOfTwo

Answer by NaturalMomOfTwo at 11:05 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• mine did the same thing! i started noticing it was happening right after his dad went to work.....but see my son would take an entire bottle of ketchup and dump it on the carpet,then he would sit and eat the ketchup,he would get the peanut butter out and make a peanut butter sandwich by himself.....he did this just about everyday! and everyday it was something different on the floor.....the one day he took a cigarette pack and broke all 20 ciggs into tiny pieces then took the tabacco and made piles out of it....he did all of this out of anger towards his dad.....my sons dad was never really there for him,and when he was there he didnt pay attention to my son....he would yell at him for being in the way of the t.v.,or yell at him because he made a mess with the toys in his own room,or because he wanted to watch a movie in his room but daddy wouldnt do it...all he wanted was attention from his dad because daddy wasnt there
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2010