my son is 7 months old, wants to be picked up all the time how can i get him out of being picked up?

my7 month old son was so good i clean up ,he would be on the carpet playing with his toys but now my husband,mother-in-law pick up and now he want to be picked up all the time now he wants me to pick him up when it is just me and him but i dont but i never have when they come around later it is bad how do i tell the mother-in-law i know how to tell her but i want do it in a nice way is there a nice way to say stop picking up my son"side note this has been going on for about 4weeks now

Rileymother

Asked by Rileymother at 4:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in General Parenting

• tHE BEST ADVICE THAT i CAN GIVE YOU, IS TO HOLD THEM ALL YOU CAN, THEY GROW UP SO FAST AND YOU WILL LOOK BACK ON THIS MOMENT AND WISH YOU HELD THEM MORE....TRUST ME WHEN YOU CAN PUT THINGS OFF AND DO THEM LATER......DO IT, YOU WILL NEVER GET TODAY BACK, YOU WILL NEVER GET THAT MOMENT BACK........I KNOW THIS MIGHT NOT HELP, BUT YOU WILL APPRECIATE IT LATER.
    gilberts

Answer by gilberts at 4:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• aww why wont you hold him? i always thought it was the sweetest thing in the world when my baby girl wanted me to hold her. hes so young if you wont hold him someone does the poor baby needs to be loved
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 5:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• You can't control your MIL anymore than the wind. Best you can do is not hold him when you don't want to. He will cry, but that's just how it goes. However, at 7 months, he's probably very interested in what you're doing and the rest of the world in general. That curiosity will just get bigger and bigger.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Why don't you hold your son?! That fulfills an emotional need... do you just let him lay there all day? Wow...
    Anonymous

• i agree you need to hold your baby. i mean i completely understand if you are cooking or doing something where you need your hands but any other time hold him. it is good for him and for you.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 8:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• get a wrap or a sling that allows you to wear him, that way he is connected to you and is able to be involved in everything you do. He was inside your body for 9 months, it takes a lot of getting used to being outside of it.
    vivianasmom

Answer by vivianasmom at 8:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• yes hold him lots. my friend's niece died today as a result of a drunk driver she is only 8 months old...i know im gonna be holding and hugging my kids as much as possible
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 8:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Get a sling or a carrier to hold him when he needs it or wants it. He is a baby. Pick him up or sit down and play with him for a bit. If you absolutely can't then put him in his saucer or seat and put him near you where you are.
    EiEiO

Answer by EiEiO at 8:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I agree with the above posters. You need to hold that baby. Do some research on children raised in orphanages who weren't held enough. It affects thier brains and development. Good luck.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:57 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• dont get me wrong I do hold my son but not when am cleaning,doing other stuff plus when someone is holding your child all the time you have to deal with the after math of that and that's where am at now so tell me what you would do? thanks pnukey so far you have had a real answer for me
    Rileymother

Answer by Rileymother at 2:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2008