whats the besy age to put child into daycare

chlo6899

Asked by chlo6899 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There isn't one. Children should be home with their mothers - at least in my opinion.

However, the younger the child, the less transition trauma there will be.
    Anonymous

• I personally believe when the child can talk thats when but i would never put my child in a day care i had a really really reallly realllllllllly bad experience. I was also working there, the next room over and i could still see him he was only 2 months old at the time. (i had to get a job $ reasons) but he was abused there and i believe that may be a link to why he is delayed but im sure i cant prove it though. but please do your research a year in advanced know the people and everything. back ground checks sometimes mean nothing. your gut feeling also may not be correct. have other people go with you to check out the daycare. please becareful!!!
    alangel17

Answer by alangel17 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Unfortunately a lot of moms have to work to make ends meet. I put mine in daycare right around age two, she wanted to socialize and where is there better to do it than at daycare with kids her own age and adults to supervise? She's made friends, looks forward to going there, and when I drop her off she introduces me to the other kids. Great way to meet other moms for play dates too.
    Anonymous

• Age 2. Both mine were happy to go to daycare and had fun with the teachers and other little kids :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I'd say however old they are when you want/have to return to work.
    Anonymous

• I do daycare and there really isn't an exact age. I have watched 3 week old children whose parents had to return to work, and 3 year olds who had never been in daycare. If you are looking into starting a child check out childcareratinz.com and search anyone potential. Its a rating system by parents.
    Aizlynns_mum

Answer by Aizlynns_mum at 6:28 AM on Nov. 7, 2008