kids chores.

I have started something with my kids. They are bad about talking back, not doing chores. not cleaning up after themselves. I have started a thing when they do something like this they have to draw something from the chore jar, for an extra. Any suggestions for these chores. The kids are 8, 10, and 12. Please no bashing. I'm trying to break them from this cycle before it is too late.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• emtying or loading dish washer, cleaning toilets & bathroom sinks, laundry, vaccuming, mopping, sweeping, yard work-the list could go on forever....there is ALWAYS stuff to get done around the house.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:33 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• take out the trash, vacume, sweep the floors, feed the animal, The 8 yr old might like to help cook and set the table,also wash things down like the table and counters.They might like to help grocery shop ,take one or all ,give them a small list with a 3 or 4 items on there.Some of these things they might find fun and rewarding ,then makes them feel good about themselves!! Then your rewarded with better behavior.I wouldn"t give them nasty chores on regular basis unless it was a punishment for bad behavior.
    meleia396

Answer by meleia396 at 10:48 AM on Dec. 7, 2010