I want to find out ways to make money off of your own website?

I want to create my own website within the next month or so. I plan to put up blogs and items me and my husband will have for sale. Do anybody know any other ways to make money off of your own website? How much money would I have to pay to make money off my website? I know you have to pay to get a website but are there any other fees I dont know about? I am open for any advice.....

ILYNAA

Asked by ILYNAA at 10:32 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• I do affiliate memberships and earn through placing the ads on the site/blog. But, your big obstacle is going to be getting people to visit the site! To make any amount of money from affiliates or anything else you need to have a LOT of traffic that's actually looking through things, that's not as easy as it sounds.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Google AdWords and AdSense, but they don't draw us too much business or money. We get hits to our site simply from good keywords and being listed on the directories and marketing and advertising I do locally.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Oh okay thanks for the advice.
    ILYNAA

Comment by ILYNAA (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Google AdSense, selling ad space. For businesses that are starting out, the best bet is search engine optimization and advertising targeted to your key demographic.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2010