Are there any rules of etiquette that people overlook this season and it just bothers you

JLS2388

Asked by JLS2388 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Holidays

• Yes - not RSVP'ing for party invitations.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I wish that this time of year and any time of year for that matter that people would RSVP when it is requested. I feel that if someone feels that I am important enough to invite to their home/party then it is considerate to tell them whether or not I will be there.
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• RSVP. Lots of people don't understand that it stands for Respondez sil vous plais=please respond. Not respond only if you're coming, or reply only if you're not coming. Respond either way. I no longer use this, I put please respond by, and a date. Then when I don't get a response, I call and ask if they received the invitation. I have gotten some strange answers, and I just don't invite those people again.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:50 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Not writing thank you notes for gifts. Or at least a phone call or e-mail. Something to let me know that it has been received.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:52 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I completely agree with SweetLuci!
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Dr.Donna said it!!

A few years ago, I caused a family issue over it. I sent emails out BEFORE Thanksgiving about who was coming and what were they bringing. My parents and my sister both answered. My aunt didn't. She said "Well, you know we always come."

I tried to explain that wasn't the point. I had sent several emails to her and NEVER got one response back. Even left one or two voice mails and still never heard anything. I finally sent an email and told her that I was sorry she wasn't going to be able to make it to my house for Christmas. THAT got her attention and that's when she made the above comment. I simply could not get her to understand I needed a definite yes or no from her and what she was bringing.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:54 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• RSVPing is one of mine. My dd's birthday in December 16th. I always do her party the first weekend in December so that people aren't already out of town. This year I had it last sat at bulid-a-bear. I invited 12 children and 10 of them RSVPed (well their parents did cause they are little) Out of that 10, 5 showed up, for every person who didn't show up that had RSVP, I had to pay build a bear $10! Most people called me later and said things like, "i forgot with everything for Christmas going on" or things like that.
    JLS2388

Comment by JLS2388 (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't know about ya'll but I have some neighbors that are always having parties during this time of year. They have so many people that they have people parking on either side of the street for like 10 houses and the cars can't get through. Are neighborhood had I would say average size houses, 2000 square feet, 4 beds mostly so I want to know where they are putting all these people lol
    JLS2388

Comment by JLS2388 (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Neighbor's guests, blocking my driveway. How inconsiderate. :-\
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 11:16 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I am going to say all the above. Not RSVPing and blocking my driveway. I would happily let them park IN my driveway if they would just ask but to block me IN......argh.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010