What Kind of Monster Beats Up a Disabled Mom?

Disabled mother, 36, beaten unconscious on bus by fellow parent after prams collide

A disabled mother was beaten unconscious by a furious parent after their prams collided on board a crammed bus.

Up to 80 fellow passengers did nothing as the 36-year-old woman, who was with her husband and three-year-old daughter, was knocked to the ground and had her head repeatedly slammed against the floor.

The mother, who suffers from auto-immune disease lupus, was left with head injuries and needing hospital treatment.

Unbelievably, a handful of passengers even laughed as they watched the man hurl a torrent of abuse before launching the sickening attack.

The woman’s devastated husband, 32, said: 'My wife was a bloody mess on the floor and her glasses had been smashed into her head.

'When he was insulting her, people were sitting on the bus laughing.'

The couple, who did not want to be named for fear of their own safety, were on the Number 85 bus as it passed Kingston University’s Surrey campus.

Their ordeal began when the man got on the bus and demanded that she make room for his child’s pushchair.

But when she refused, he began shouting at her, calling her a 'fat b****'.

Her husband, who is also her full-time carer, told the Daily Mirror: 'The man started saying things about my wife and making very personal comments and insults.

'My wife was taken to hospital by an ambulance as she was knocked unconscious. He was slamming her head repeatedly on the floor while kicking her.'

Det Con Dave Norman said: 'Not one person stopped to give a witness statement and we have not had anyone come forward despite repeated appeals.'

Police are hunting a 5ft 10in black man, aged about 35, with short hair, who was last seen heading to Roehampton after getting off the bus on September 19.

A police spokeswoman said: 'He was wearing a dark puffa jacket with a white logo on the left breast area, dark trousers and was seen with a black Blackberry phone.

'He was accompanied with a 5ft 6in, large built, Mediterranean or Eastern European-looking woman about aged 35 years old, who had long dark brown hair in a pony tail.'

She said they were also with a mixed-race young girl.

Lupus is an autoimmune disease where the sufferer’s immune system creates antibodies which attack their own body tissues.

Symptoms include extreme fatigue, joint pain, muscle aches and can result in the destruction of vital organs.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1336445/Mother-beaten-unconscious-bus-fellow-parent-prams-collide.html#ixzz17RV7ekFg

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 11:11 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• That is beyond disgusting! People today just repulse me, they have not one ounce of human compassion anymore. I shudder to think what kind of world my precious little granddaughters will be in by the time they grow up. GOD HELP US ALL!!!!!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 12:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• And how could people just stand by and watch?!?! I'm infuriated just reading this.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:19 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• But no one is even helping them now. It's really sickening.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:22 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't think they were afraid too so much as they didn't care. People disgust me these days.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 11:32 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• They laughed what horrible people, why did the husband help? I am so confused by this whole article not that I cannot understand what was written but more of what happened.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 11:39 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It's pretty sickening. Maybe they were afraid too. :-(

Thats why some were laughing? People are sick. Why didn't her husband fight back and not watch his wife get beat. If someone even came close to touching me my husband would be defending me. I hope they catch the loser and he goes to jail. Any man who can beat a disabled woman in front of his own kid is a man who is most likely beating the mother of the child and possibly the child. The people on the bus who just sat there laughing and not helping all deserve to be in jail with him. Sick, sick sick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• The worst kind of monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 12:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Freakin unbelievable.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

SavageGrl

Comment by SavageGrl (original poster) at 11:20 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• This kind of violence is fostered and created by parents who discipline with violence....harsh spankings,beating with paddles and other harmful instruments and a hard-hearted,negligent way of treating their children.And people don't want to stop these things because they are afraid and they want to stay uninvolved to protect themselves.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2010