Shouldn't the air coming from my central heat unit be warm?

I know it's really cold out but even at 73 degrees shouldn't the air from my heating unit be warm? I woke up this morning and my house wasn't very warm. The heat was set at 74 and usually if it's that high we all wake up sweating. The normal at night is 72. So when the unit kicked back on i stood under the vent and the air felt only lukewarm if that. So i was just wondering that no matter what the heat was set too shouldn't the air be warm coming from the vents?

Bella3113

Asked by Bella3113 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• yes it should be warm......have you checked to see if the pilot is still lit?
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I would think so. If it's cold out and the temp is set to 73 then I don't see any reason why the air blowing out wouldn't be hot. Do you use oil? Is there oil in the oil tank? That's the only thing I can think of. Good luck - I hope you figure it out. Sorry I couldn't be more help to ya.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yes, it should be warm. Is this the first time you turned it on? Just as a test, turn the temp higher, and see if it makes a difference. If not, then you need to call a repairman.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:27 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Thanks everyone, It is all electric so no pilot light or oil. I turned it up to 78 and the air got warmer but still not as warm as used to be. A couple of weeks ago I had to be running my celing fan on low b/c at 73 it got quite warm, and at night it stays at like 72. But this morning it just wasn't getting warm at all. I called out home warranty company and now im just waiting to hear from the company they contracted for the job to see when they are can come out.
    Bella3113

Comment by Bella3113 (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• yes
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:27 AM on Dec. 13, 2010