Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

custody of child once born

I'm 7 months pregnant now, my ex husband wanted a divorce, we got it, he then married a woman he had a baby with 2 years ago while we were married, now I find out she's pregnant too..oh yeah, he is also a recovering addict. They are making my life hell and she does not him to have any contact with me till after the babys born. I'm confused about what happens from here, like when I'm suppost to file for child support, and also visitation. People tell me not to put his name on the birth cert, but what is that suppost to do? I can't afford a lawer so I don't know what to do. Please help!

Answer Question

Asked by MamaKitty81 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • if you dont put his name of the BC then he will have to get a test done and file everything himself if he wants anything to do with the baby. but if you dont it would be hard for you to get CS.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

  • there should be legal aid avaliable especially if a child is involved... call your local court hose and ask about it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

  • You can file for child support while your pregnant

    Answer by My2ButterFlys at 10:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.