How do you feel about PETA?

I'm asking regarding an article that they are mad about Sarah Palin shooting an animal in her show. http://www.popeater.com/2010/12/06/peta-sarah-palin-caribou-killing/

Okay I'm not a fan of Sarah Palin in any way, shape, or form, but I believe in her right to hunt. I think PETA should focus on animals who really are abused, like dog fighting - things along that line. Killing an animal for food is a survival thing. Do you think PETA goes to extremes?

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 11:29 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm not a huge fan of hers either, or hunting for that matter, but I hunting is not against the law. And I think they use what they kill. I don't see a problem with it.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:32 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• They're unreliable drama queens.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:34 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I think people should be allowed to eat tasty animals.
    But I think Sara needs to learn how to shoot her own gun first. A real hunter shows up wearing the right clothing, sans fresh french manicure, uses a gun they sited themselves, and doesn't need Daddy to reload or tell her when to shoot.
    I watched that show one time, and was very disappointed, she is NOT the hunter they want you to believe she is. Actually, she sucks, and they left a good portion of the meat behind. If the family was truly hunting to feed the family, they would not have spent more on airplaine fuel and guides than what the meat was worth.
    The show IMO is just a big lie.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:35 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I think they mistake extremism for activism, they do nothing for the cause but turn people away. I hate animal abusers and I think that commercial sales of animals or animal parts should be well regulated to combat abuse, but I have no problem with leather or fur goods.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 11:35 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• PETA are extremists. I might not agree with everything they do, but I think in general they are a good organization. Someone has to tackle the hard stuff.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• They are extremist domestic terrorists.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

The show IMO is just a big lie.
    Answer by jewjewbee

Never watched the show. But from what I had heard, she's a good hunter. Guess not. =)
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Some people in PETA have good intentions, as do other groups against animal abuse, but I do think many of the them are extremists. I often disagree with their methods.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• PETA - good intentions, poor execution. A perfect example of what happens when the extremist minority is allowed to be the most vocal in an organization.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:39 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yeah, i'm not saying anything to her ability to hunt for real - LOL! Just think PETA should back down at the idea of hunting. We can't all be vegans - I thought about it, but I really like to eat meat and i don't want to have to wait for an animal to die of natural causes before I can eat it.
    sunshine58103

Comment by sunshine58103 (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Dec. 7, 2010