Financially "lost" and don't know what to do!

I feel like a loser. I am 40 years old and I still do not know what I want to do careerwise. I am a stay-at-home mom and need to contribute to the family income. I just have no idea which way to go or what to do. Dos anybody else have this issue? I have tried numerous work-from home opportunities, but none have paid off and I have only lost money. I hate feeling like a burden to my husband financially, but I just really do not know what to do to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• Take some time to take a class or two, or volunteer somwhere. You can make new friends and discover new interests! Good luck to you :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:49 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Check out www.indeed.com and see what part time jobs might be there to help out.  GL

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yes, I feel the same way as you. I'm in my early 30, have a B.A. in English, but that degree is practically worthless. I've worked a lot of temp and office jobs. My husband and I started our own business, but I will need to find a job to help bring in money until it's successful. I really don't want to go back to temp and office jobs, but I don't really know what else I can do with the job experience I have and I don't want to commit the time or money to getting a second degree.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Dont take this presonal, but I was like that too, what fixed it was knowing myself. You cant know what you want and how to accomplish it if you dont know you.

No business opportunity will work for anyone if they dont have the traits, the drive, the need. You find that stuff when you know yourself.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I just started using this website called Varolo.com. I watch tv commercials on the site. It is totally free and it just launched. I watched 15 commercials from 15 sec to 1 min long. I have not gotten any cash from it yet but I figured what the heck I sitting in front of the computer all day anyway why not try this and see if it works. It really costs nothing to join and watch. I have never put my credit card info or any bank info on the site. They pay you through paypal. Just thought you might want to try it. Here is my link. http://www.varolo.com/village/abartender If you join my village I get money when you watch commercials too, and when you sponser people you make money when they watch. It is a really cool idea... wish I had thought of it. Just try it! I had nothing to lose, any little bit helps when you are out of work like I am
    mitzu3000gt

Answer by mitzu3000gt at 11:02 AM on Dec. 14, 2010