Online Dating Etiquette?

I joined a few online dating sites and had a number of dates. After each one, I sent an e-mail saying that I had enjoyed myself and hoped to hear from them soon. NOT ONE of these men has even bothered to respond to me! I understand if I wasn't their "type" or whatever, but shouldn't they just be polite and TELL me so? It's really hurtful and frustrating.

Has anyone else had this experience?
Am I overreacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, but that's guys. If they aren't interested in you, you'll probably never hear from them again. You have to remember too, that the online dating is like a game to some men. They are on there all the time and go from woman to woman. I had a few that I really hit it off with, we continued to date, but found after a while that they would never take down their accounts. When I checked the account, they were on there every day regardless of our dating. That's playing as far as I am concerned. I stopped. I let it all happen naturally.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:42 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It happens all the time. My experience with online dating sites is the vast majority are looking for a one night stand or a long time sex buddy and not a real relationship. Thankfully though not all are like that. I met my husband on www.plentyoffish.com after meeting a few jerks
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yes - most people have no clue on friendly etiquette in general. Don't let it get you down. You just haven't met the right person yet. I met my husband on Match.com.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2010