What do you think about his ex?? What about your ex??

My fiance works with his ex,the mother of his 6 yr old son.Its been almost 2 yrs since they broke up.And were engaged / pregnant.And now she is engaged.My fiance was stuck at work ,almost an hr away from home with no food,are car was in the shop,and she offered to buy him breakfast ,he acceppted.I felt so out of place, like he should of stayed with her,.I dont know ,im a little confused.

meleia396

Asked by meleia396 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Mine has never been in a serious relationship before me, and the one "ex" that I did meet while we were at a funeral (he dated her for like 2 months) was a jealous bitch. I haven't met any other's and don't care too. He hasn't met either of my ex boyfriends but doesn't like the things he's heard about them.

I think it's an awkward situation to be in with your fiance, but just because she offered to buy him breakfast because he was stuck at work (when she works with him...) doesn't mean he should have stayed with her. They are both getting married to other people for a reason. As long as they aren't over friendlywith one another it's probably a good thing that they are civil towards each other. It shows that your fiance isn't an angry person and doesn't hold grudges.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• She offered to feed him, no harm done. I would have done the same. Just because they're not together does not mean they have to be enemies.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Since they have a kid together they will ALWAYS be apart of each other lives. Instead of being enemies its better for them to be friends. Sounds like she was just trying to be nice and helping him out - something that a friend would do. I see any harm in it. It's better than your fiance being hungry at work.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't see any issue with her offering to buy him breakfast. I think that was a very nice gesture.
    The way I see it is that ex's can still be friends as long as that is all it is. I am friends with my ex, and occassionally DH talks to his ex when they message him on Myspace. However, if it were (for either of us) to go beyond casual friendship (even if it's just flirting) then we both should have a problem with that. I think that it's okay to have ex's that are friends, even if it's more then just an occassional "Hi". Again, just as long as that's how it remains.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't really get what you are saying - were you there when she offered breakfast? Why do you feel out of place, because they can be nice to each other.

My DH ex is not in our lives she cheated and her new boyfriend use to show up and threaten my DH, and there was a big messy divorce that he got screwed in b/c his 10,000 dollar lawyer sucked. She showed up a few times at his job (he was a bouncer for fun, for a while) and she told him she missed him and wanted him back. He told her he was happy with me and wouldn't do anything to ruin what we have. She hasn't shown back up thankfully, I have never met her face to face.
    I never had any long time serious exes so they are not in my life, other than some that are friends and always have been.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 11:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I think you need to get over it. It's just breakfast. You said he had no food. Should he just starve? He's the mother of his child, she'll always be in the picture and if you can't handle that then you shouldn't be with him.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• She offered to feed the father of her child. If my ex husband was hungry some where I would offer him food too. She was not trying to get back with him she was helping the man that is the father to her kid. I am sure most moms her would do the same. It shows maturity on both their parts that they can help each other out and not be fighting all the time or trying to get back together. In a perfect world all parents that are no longer together would get along that well.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 12:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Thanks for your input. Im happy that they can remian civil for thier son's sake, I never got mad about it and was glad he got to eat.I felt out of place cause everyone at work dont really know who i am,and they have worked with eachother for 6or 7 yrs.I guess the reason why i felt like he should be with her is cause i was upset with him at the time for something else.I am thankful that his ex is mature enough to keep things this way.I was a little confused cause wasn't sure if it was ok for me to not be mad.And by the way im not hung up on anything,so i have nothing to get over.
    meleia396

Comment by meleia396 (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• my ex would totally offer to buy me breakfast, and it would be just breakfast, everybody knows this..... his ex on the other hand would absolutely expect more out of it than just "thank you"
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 1:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2010