Why am I so nervous...

about my pap smear today!?

I have two beautiful little boys who I have delivered vaginally (with no drugs) and I have been seeing a gynecologist since I was 17 (almost 9 years!) , and yet, I am SO nervous about THIS appointment! Why!? You would think this would get easier over the years...

MichaelsMom330

Asked by MichaelsMom330 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Health

• I don't think it ever gets easier. It's awkward. Good luck! Now if they pampered us ,played music and treated us like a princess we all probably be in the line for a pap smear. And if time has elapsed since you've had it done , I think one tends to not look forward to it.
    MommabearGrr

Answer by MommabearGrr at 11:46 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I used to work with a PA (physician's assistant) who actually DID play music to help women relax! She was AWESOME! One trick, relax your knees out as much as possible, and wiggle your toes. It's hard to tense up when you wiggle your toes. Good luck, you'll be FINE! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• You'll be fine, good luck! Wiggling your toes sounds like a good idea.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010