Why are Black people always stereotyped in the media?

Why are black people still stereotyped nowadays on television, on the radio, and in movies? Is this the way black people really are? It bugs me to see this all the time. I love all people and all ethnicities, and this just doesn't seem right. Does this bother anyone else? The media really makes it seem as if black people can't speak proper English, they are always rolling their necks and acting ignorantly. Why are they still portrayed this way in 2010?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Entertainment

• I think every race is stereotyped just not black people
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Same reason Mexicans and Asians are still stereotyped too.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I think every race is steroetyped. Anyway, the actors must not be offended because they wouldn't take the parts if they were!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Because racism never went away, it just went "underground." I see it a lot in this area, and I hate it, but it's very true!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:50 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• because its funny
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Why is it always black people? I really don't see that at all. Oprah, Montel, My Wife and Kids, King of Queens, and so many others I can think of off hand that have African American people in them that are not stereotyped and don't act like that. Give some examples. I'm so tired of the same people who want racism to stop, keep pulling the race card themselves. There I said it. Bracing myself......
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• They are the only one's that can change their image! if they do not like it than change it. This goes for all of us.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• EVERY race is stereotyped in the media. EVERY gender is stereotyped in the media. EVERY religion is stereotyped in the media. It makes for entertainment. Even races, genders, and religions do it to themselves. The actors wouldn't take the job if they were offended by the way the character was being portrayed. Which shows that it isn't so much of an offense. Stereotypes are based on real images of how a person or group of people acts and behave. The reason that they're Stereotypes is because not every single individual of that race, gender, or religion acts in the manner that's being portrayed. However, it came originally from a large majority who did act that way within those groups.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Why are us cajuns always stereotyped as well? Toothless,tobacco spitting,alligator hunting, road kill eating, can speak proper english,living in the marshes and bayous............
    staceysgorbach

Answer by staceysgorbach at 1:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Everyone is stereotyped. Asians are always smart, Native Americans are drunks, not to mention that there is a stereotype for almost every country in Europe, a stereotype for people who live in different parts of the U.S. No one is protrayed realisticly.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2010