Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

i am so mad...but i know there is nothing i can do or is there?

my son's half sister told me that her dad is living with this woman (they are renting a home together.) He left them (my son's half siblings) to live with his mother. He has not paid me child support in months. i'm so freaking mad because he is paying for some woman and her children to have a roof over their heads and wont even help to take care of his own! WTF!

Answer Question

Asked by shay1130 at 11:49 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 27 (32,809 Credits)
Answers (17)
  • Take him to court and get the wages garnished from his pay checks

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

  • Enforce the support order or get one to be able to enforce it or you DON'T have any room to be mad because you aren't making him do anything. If you don't make him, why would he?

    Answer by Memigen at 11:51 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

  • Of course there is something you can do - file for child support!

    Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

  • You'll have to seek an attorney, or child support enforcement in your area. You also can't control how he lives his life, so let go of all the anger, and get down to what really matters...

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:52 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

  • i have enforced it...he just got out of jail in may..then he was arrested again before thanksgiving..and is now out. i really don't think he minds going to jail. i think the problem is...he has all these probation fines too and has to pay that. can child support not ask his probation to lighten up or extend his time so maybe he can pay?

    Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

  • You assume he is giving her money. Maybe she is stupid enough to support him.

    Answer by Shanna84 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

  • Go to a judge and MAKE him take care of his own

    Answer by MaybeMommy1994 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

  • shanna..i wonder why that didnt cross my mind..because i was stupid enough.

    Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

  • The DA files for child support and serves people who are incarcerated as well. It doesn't stop because he got in trouble. You need to make sure you have done everything you can to get child support whether he pays or not.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

  • next time pick a better man. For now go to court!

    Answer by gammie at 11:59 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.