I had a partial hystorectomy and i want another child is it possible?

It was back in 1996 and my reason was fybroids. I have two wonderful boys but i've allways wanted a girl. Lately , i have been more on the little girl tip and regreting the decision that i made. Does anyone have a answer for me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• What did they take in your partial hysto? Your uterus? If yes, then NO you cant have a baby cause there is No where for the baby to grow. Did they take your cervix? How will the baby stay in your uterus? did they take your overies? You will need invitro.......lots of variables here without enough info.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I don't think you can get pregnant hon. With a partial hystorectomy usually too much of the uterus is removed (if not all of it) and there's usually nothing for the baby to latch onto.

You're other options are to find a surrogate to carry your baby for you, foster, or adopt.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 11:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I am sorry, I don't think you can get pregnant either, but ask your Dr. They will know exactly what was removed. Look into adoption, that way you know you will get a little girl just like you want!
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 11:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2008