does anyone know how this provera works

ive been diagonised with PCOS two months ago,ive been married for 6yrs and never fell pregnant which ended up in divorce,now im trying again with my new hubby and its been more than a year already.my doc put me on provera to regulate my cycle and i expected to get my bleed but only spotting and very pale ,i mean faint and stomach cramps .does anyone know how it works really bcoz im really confused.plz help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It is supposed to help you start yur period. I too was diagnosed with PCOS. My dr gave me provera. I believe I was taking 1 pill for the first 10 days of the month. I would start my period on the 11th day. I was also taking metformin. I think I was taking 3 pills a day of that. It worked for me. How long have you been taking provera?
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:59 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• That's the 'period' I got on provera also.
    It will make you eat everything in the world. At least it did that to me.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 12:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It's a hormone that you are lacking to make your period start. I have PCOS and so does my adult daughter. Hang in there. I have three children they said I'd never have and my dd has two bio sons. The light periods happen but a strong flow will happen. The important part is that the provera is behind the scenes making things work.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• thank yu so much people i was beginning to lose hope.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2011