Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What could this come too

My husband and me have four children and im pregnant with are fifth we make a good amount of money. His sister is obnoxious she does drugs and has 3 kids she was evicted from her apartment and he invited her to stay with us, he knows i can not stand her and he said its only for her kids then i think her kids can stay here and she can leave. Is this mean of me or is it the right thing?

Answer Question

Asked by Soldierwife7 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Relationships

Level 4 (50 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • That is mean taking away their mother is mean, even though you can't stand her.

    Answer by older at 12:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

  • I think you should give her ONE chance. The moment she does drugs kick her out. It's Christmas time and you should rip her away from her kid at a time like this. But like I said give her only one chance and the moment she blows it kick her out and try to get temporary custody of her kids becuase you don't have a right to keep her kids without a court saying it's okay or get something in writing from her.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

  • *shouldn't

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

  • This will put a tremendous amount of stress on your family and marriage. Insist to your husband that it's going to be temporary. I would want to help the kids too, and maybe that means taking in the sister, but being very firm with her about your family's expectations of her role in your household. Good luck, I wish you the best. It's very kind of you to take in these children when they probably need a responsible adult or two in their life. Help this mother get on her feet and out on her own, regardless of your personal feelings I suppose.

    Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

  • I don't think I could seperate them. Just lay down some laws. Maybe suggest she get counseling. See where it goes from there.

    Answer by arenad at 12:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

  • YOU ARE RIGHT!! the kids can stay but she should not!!!

    That is not mean, she needs to see that her actions are wrong and should never benefit from it. And your husband should of ask you first!! I would go to him and tell how you feel. YOU ARE THE WIFE THE WOMEN OF THE HOME!!

    Answer by gammie at 12:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

  • She should get help while the kids are with you, but not stay with you.

    We have someone on drugs in the family and feeling sorry for them does NOT HELP!!!!!

    Answer by gammie at 12:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

  • I don't think you're wrong for not wanting someone that does drugs in your house. I would feel the same way. We have the same problem with my BIL. He's into drugs. I think you should give her ONE chance - no more than that. ONE sign that she is using, has drugs in the house or anything like that then she's OUT. That's it - she'll be out right there on the spot. The kids can stay but she has to go.

    Answer by Jessica45 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

  • Thanks i think i will get a counsler and go with her talk about her habit get her help and a job. My hubby says shes temporarily staying but if the kids need to stay they can they are 7, 4 and 2 so they need a stable household.

    Comment by Soldierwife7 (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

  • No its not mean, if you cant stand her its probably a bad idea , other people living with you period is a bad idea, it is hard to live with other people and having your space invaded . but if you all think you can gandle the kids staying i would say go for it.

    Answer by bekkaboo89 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.