Extra FEES for buying tickets online - How much are you being ROBBED?

I went online to purchase my Nutcracker tickets...the fees they tacked on were almost as much as buying  another ticket!! I know if I wait till the weekend to buy them at the door, only the expensive seats will be left.   I'm sending my sis (who lives in the city) to get them for me in person.

$17 in extra fees!?!? I don't think so.bad

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 12:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• They are even higher for sporting events. We went to ticketmaster to buy tickets for a football game. The fees on three seats was over $100.00..NOT!
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Actually, if you go to a ticketmaster location, you still get charged fees. It's the venue who sets the fee on top of the ticket price.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• We just bought Atlanta Thrashers tickets and our fees where only $7 extra per person, not too bad, but not great either.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• That's so weird. We went to the Pacers opening game this year, bought the tickets online and paid only an extra $11.00 for our tickets. It was worth it to me to have the tickets in hand when we walked in.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010