Is it wrong that the only reason i want my ex to pay child support is for all the pain he put us through?

I mean, of course my son needs that money and he should help...but deep deep inside i feel so bitter. I feel like even if i was a millionare and he was the poorest person on the street i would still insist that he pay. I just hate it..that his biodad is so careless and doesnt even think of my child. ya know, its not even about the money. i just want him to think of him. it gives me satisfaction that he has to take time out of his pathetic life to think about my child. I wouldnt give a shit if it was a dollar a month...i would still make him pay! Because i want him to never forget what he has done!

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• It might be wrong to think that way, yes. But thank God it's not what he WILL be paying child support for. Child support is paid to help take care of HIS child's needs. Could you imagine if that's what it was really based on.. LOL!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I think a parent has the responsibility to pay no matter what to support the child they brought into the world. But you should realize that your resentment will only eat you up and hurt YOU in the long run. Not him.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Your reasons for wanting him to pay are your own...and really are not anyone's business. As for paying child support he did help create the child, and yes he should be held accountable and be made to pay and support the child.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It's only natural to feel that way.My ex pays $25 a month.....lol, we lived on student loans and is now still unemployed, so now he is behind by 3 months. In all honesty though I would gladly give up that lousy $25 if he would give up his parental rights and just leave us alone. He comes around only enough to make our son confused and act out.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• yeah it is wrong , i think he should pay it tho to support his child
    bekkaboo89

Answer by bekkaboo89 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• The reasoning shouldn't matter. Even if the reasons should be only because your child is his child. It should only matter that he's supporting his child.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• no...
    Anonymous

• Yes. He should be paying child support to help support for his child because he is responsible. The child support isn't for you, its for the support of the child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• That sounds like an excellent reason to me.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2010