from experience, which sites are the best for finding plane tickets cheap?

I'm in a strained financial condition and I need to be able to travel out of the country sometime in the next year-year and a half for personal reasons and I'm trying to find the cheapest way to do this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Travel

• Kayak.com searches all of the sites for you.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• just be VERY careful.... we have used these types of sites twice and both times ended up having problems. For the minimal amount of savings it reallllly wanst worth getting stuck in some other state like we did. Plus the both times the flight times kept changing on us.

If you are planing that far in advance i would pick a reputable airlines and keep looking for deals that they may have.

Anonymous

• OneTravel.com has always been the lowest for me. I have never seen it beat.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• A few years ago, we were looking for the cheapest tickets possible, for 4 adults. We searched everything everywhere, then called DH's cousin who was working at a travel agency - she found us tickets for over $100 less than anything we found on the internet - and that included her $50 per ticket booking fee! We flew 4 adults for $700 through an agency vs. $1200 for the cheapest internet tickets we found. Don't steer clear of travel agencies because of the idea that they're more expensive, because while they can be, they aren't usually - and if you get a really good agent, they'll tell you if you can book yourself for cheaper on a certain site.
    Anonymous

• Travelocity. Any time I need plane tickets, Travelocity has had the cheaper tickets.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:36 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• bayb.com
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:03 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• baby lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:04 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• we use expedia. I have never had a problem with anything from them
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 10:58 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• kayak yes
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• expedia
    meandmyboys2000

Answer by meandmyboys2000 at 6:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2010