good old

remember the good old days when we had snow storms
freezing rain ,and snow,and no buses and staying home
i remember going ice skating down our country road
what are things you remember on your worst storm every and it does not have to be snow storm but any storm

dutchcanadain

Asked by dutchcanadain at 12:14 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I will tell you I remember never being this tired as a kid. Dang it I am tired. I could take some snow days to just sleep in.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I love to bake so when we are stormed in we all bake and watch movies and play in snow
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 12:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I remember driving to town (about 20 miles away) through what looked like a tunnel with the snow piled up so high on both sides of the road. Cars would get stuck and have to stay there until it melted. Ugh. I remember losing power for four days- living at the fire station because they had a generator there. Where I live now, we usually just get ice storms, which I find to be worse, because A) you can't drive on ice and B) you lose power because of the weight of the ice. I hate winter and I can't wait to move as soon as I can.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I grew up in Indiana. I remember having to crawl out my bedroom window to go shovel the sidewalk. Our front door was covered in snow. To this day the only time I want snow is on Christmas morning. Lol
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I just remember staying in and looking at the storm through the window lol .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I remember being a kid, having snow days where I'd be out playing in the snow all morning and coming in to soup and a cup of hot chocolate. I remember my sisters and I kicking off our snowsuits and leaving our gloves, boots & hats in piles on the tile floor in the entryway and rummaging thru the piles later to go back out in the snow after lunch.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 1:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• We lived in an unincorporated area when I was growing up and our house was the only one on the street. Every winter we would go sledding on the street because our road was barely plowed by the county.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 7, 2010