What is his problem?

I have been knowing this guy for 4 years...when I wanted a relationship he was like "he wasnt ready" so I left him alone because I figure that I deserve better than a "casual sex partner" that relationship lasted for about 2 years....so made the decision to leave and found a guy that wanted what I wanted...Then the past which is K came into the picture while I was in a relationship with E...me and E were going through some hard times and I needed a shoulder to cry on so K was there. I cried and he listen but that all that happen because my heart belonged to E at the time. Well, me and E decided to end our relationship because I wanted more from him (he was jobless) and he didnt want to work so I called it quits. Single mom and man without a job was not what I wanted to be with for the rest of my life. Now I am single and since I have been K has found his way back around this time I am not having sex with him...but he is constantly calling, texting, and bbm about going out on a date...so for 4 months I give him the run around because I think he is just trying to get what he had before but he is always telling me he is not that guy anymore...I want to believe him but I am scared that it is a front to get me back. So I finally gave in and we went out to this nice restaurant and I had a GOOD TIME...then he tells me that I will be his lady one day and he is always speaking of the future with me and my daughter (whom he knows very well). Then last nite he tells me that he does not need alot of attention from me....What does that mean?

K was a guy that took interest in me while I was pregnant with my daughter. I got pregnant by my high school sweetheart and he left me for another girl while I was pregnant and I had my daughter because I wanted to be loved and K was a friend that I could talk to about anything and he say all the pain that I was going through being single with a baby and no father or man. So he took me out and spent time with me to keep me in good shape while I was carrying Shaniyah. (I thanked him for that) He is a great guy...but I cant seem to understand what we are doing we play the same game over and over....I know he cares for me and I care for him but I dont knw what to do anymore. Please ask me more questions if it will help you answer my question

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• He wants you to be "his Lady"? What does that even mean? And after one date?

I agree with everyone else - take this very slowly. If he's truly interested in a long-term, committed relationship (sort of like, maybe, marriage), he won't pressure you to move faster than you are comfortable. Good luck and take care of yourself and your little girl first.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 1:05 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I think you should still be cautious and take you time.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Date, and leave your options open. Take YOUR time and do what is best for YOU. A man DOES NOT define you as a woman. Better to be single and happy than in a relationship that is no good for you and yours.

Don't let anyone pressure you into something you are not ready for or want. Good luck.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 12:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• yeah like that ladies above me say take it slow dont rush just enjoy dating going out knowing each other again & if you 2 are meant to be then it would happen naturaly
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2010