Im being induced tomorrow, but.....?

My doctor is inducing me for high blood pressure. Im 39 weeks and he said that im not effaced or dialated any at all, and the baby is still very high up, and there is a possibility that I may not be able to deliver naturally, because the baby is so big, and he said that a c-section may be how we have to go.

What do i have to look foward too for the induction, and when will he make up his mind what he's gonna do after he induces me?

expectinggracey

Asked by expectinggracey at 12:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They will try the pitocin first (to get contractions going), and they may give you Cytotec as well (to encourage your cervix to dilate- it's a pill). The contractions tend to be pretty intense with both. I hope everything goes smoothly for you! Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I'm not going to lie but the contractions are hell of a lot worse when you're induced. I can't tell you when he'll make up his mind. He monitor you for a while and if you body does what it needs to do then he may not do a c-section. It's all about how your body responds. I hope it responds so you don't have to through the c-section. Good Luck and congrats!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• IMO...don't agree to the induction. You ARE capable of giving birth, without a dr forcing it along. And if he's planning a c-section already(in his mind) why even bother with the induction. You're baby is not too big. You're not "overdue" and is your blood pressure just high, or do you have pre-e? Because its true pre-e is only "cured" when the baby comes out, but if it's just "high" then you can deal with that on your own.
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 12:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My son was born at 35wks, due to high blood pressure. They tried to induce, and half hour into it, decided for a c-section when the baby went into distress with each contraction. They will probably monitor your blood pressure, and the baby's heart beat. If either one changes above or below the looked for range, they'll go for a c-section. Good luck mumma. I had a hard time after my c-section..I'd wanted a natural birth so desperately, and now that I'm pregnant again, the hospital here doesn't do vbacs, so I have to have another c-section. I hope everything works out for you!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 12:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• your* not you're
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 12:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i was induced with my son, and it ended in a c-sec. I had a c-sec with my daughter as well. But with the induction I was in labor for about 12 hours, was stuck at 5cm for half that time and both our blood pressures dropped once I had the epi. We only talked about the c-section after trying to be able to go naturally. But it doesn't matter, he is a happy and healthy 6 year old now.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• There are a couple ways they can try to induce you. There is this thing they put next to your cervix (can't remember the name) that releases stuff to start labor. Or they may go right to pitocin, which is administered in a drip. I was induced with pitocin, the contractions started pretty severe, there was no "warming up". I ended up having a c-section. If your doc thinks a c-section is pretty likely, I would suggest skipping the induction. I really believe that if the baby isn't ready, an induction will do nothing.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It could go either way. I was the same way. But I was able to deliver vaginally. Also I delievered at 41 weeks.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 4:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2010