Do you listen to Gerbers gidelines when it comes to feeding your baby?

For anyway that dont know what the Gerber gidelines are you can go on their website and it will tell you. They dont do things by age, they do it by weather the baby can sit supported, sit by them selfs, crawl, or walk.
I tend to not agree with their gudelines because what if for some reason that said baby is slow and cant crawl yet but has teeth and can eat that kind of stuff.

nikkik526

Asked by nikkik526 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No I listen to what my doctor says or how what I feel is right.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I listen to my baby on how to feed them. Both of my girls were ready for different stages at different time. I like Gerber's guidelines at a first glance, just to get an idea, but don't rely on it.
    Winter1derland

Answer by Winter1derland at 12:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't think it's meant to be followed precisely. I think they just use it for of an age group thing. Like "Most babies that CAN walk are PROBABLY old enough to eat this...." But of course it's up to you to use your best judgement as a mother.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I go by my doctor's recommendations. I also have a book.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 12:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I never fed my baby that junk. I always made my own baby food and made it to the consistency my son wanted. It tasted SO much better.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• nope, i don't even listen to the doctor! my girls were introduced to table food at six weeks old. they are healthy happy kids.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I make my own baby food and I feed him when I know he is ready. I'm his mother and I know best for him not some online guidline
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Development should always be a bigger factor than age (or teeth...teeth don't matter with baby food). What matters is how your baby's internals are developing, which are usually along the same track as outward development, like sitting up, use of the pincer grasp, loss of the tongue thrust reflex, then later crawling and walking. Different babies are ready for different things at different times.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• exactly, I didn't go by the book with Gerber, I did what made sense to me.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• No. I didn't know they had guidelines.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2010