pee while sneezing adult content

im currently 18W1D pregnant and everytime i sneeze i pee just a lil bit. it has been going on for a week or so.... I do go to the Dr thursday for my check up and to see what we are having... (hoping for a girl) =) but i was wondering has this happened to any other moms and what did u do about it and why is it happening? it didn't happen with my DS during my first pregnancy just this one.... is it normal?

TatymMommi

Asked by TatymMommi at 12:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's called sneeing. Welcome to motherhood!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Oh my... at least its just a little bit, wait till the end lol, I flat out peed my pants many times lol. :0)
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I think it's happened to every single one of us. It gets worse over the course of your pregnancy. Wear a panty liner to catch it (or maxi pad if that's what it takes) and be sure to change it often. It may happen to you after you're done being pregnant, too!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• One of ugly secrets of pregnancy
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 12:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yep, that has happened to me especially when I would have a cold and cough. I used to put a pantyliner or thin maxi pad in my panties-- just in case of coughs or sneezes.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It's normal. Your pelvic floor muscles are weakening, and it will get worse as baby gets bigger and leaves less room for your bladder. You can do Kegels to help; it will also help with delivery down the road. When you go pee, try to stop the flow; that will give you a feel for which muscles you're trying to exercise. Once you get it, contract and release as often as you please throughout the day. No one will ever know, it's not tiring at all, and it will help immensely. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• You can try doing kegels to try and strengthen your pelvic wall, but you've got something heavy sitting on your bladder, and it's only going to get worse.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Lol. Yep! Just another thing to cry over when you're super hormonal. My df laughed the first time I peed my pants.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It's normal. Yes, it's happened to me, sneezing, coughing. Kegal exercises will help strenghten your pelvic floor and help with the sneeing, and with labor and delivery. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 12:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Totally normal. Some women never have a problem with it, but others get worse and worse with every pregnancy. I had never heard of it til SIL was expecting her 5th while DH and I were dating - I thought it was horrible! But once I had a couple kids and it started happening to me, and getting worse with each pregnancy...yeah, totally normal, my midwife told me to do kegels but they haven't completely helped. My youngest is almost 4 and sometimes I have to be careful yet!
    Anonymous