cutting bills

Do any SAHM catch yourelf turning down the heat in the daytime when it is just you. Or not flushing the toilet everytime during the day. Some thing to try to save a few dollars.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• Not flushing your toliet every time is good for the environment as it saves water. We installed an environmentally friendly toliet in our one bathroom and plan to replace the others as well. It has two flush settings -- one for liquids and one for solids and only uses the appropriate amount of water for each.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Sure ...not having all the lights on
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I get made fun of all the time for not flushing the toilet everytime!!! And yes generally turn the heat down when it's just me or when I leave for an afternoon. If my daughter is not home I leave lights off too....if she home she turns them all on!!!
    MommysAngels810

Answer by MommysAngels810 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• unless company is over we don't flush everytime for just pee.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Turning the heat down.. yep! but then I'd do it even if my family was here. Really the only time we splurge on heat is when we have guests over.

The toilet on the other hand, nope that gets flushed every time! we've got a 3 year old running around and you never know when he'll decide to go fishing.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2010