Before I even TTC, what should I do to prepare my body for a VBAC?

Are there excercises or stretches? What can I do to boost my chances of success?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 12:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Drink Raspberry Leaf Tea!!!

RLT stregthness the uterus. It causes gentle contractions that basically work out the uterus. Basically every cup of RLT you drink is like sending your uterus out for a jog!

It is recommended to wait 2 years between pregnancies BUT I will tell you that my sister just had a VERY sucessful VBAC with only 16 months between babies....7 months between pregnancies!

Find a GOOD midwife or OBGYN who is EXPERIENCED in VBACs! Ask their VBAC sucess rate!

Eat healthy, exercise and EDUCATE yourself. Do NOT let them use Cytotec or Pitocin on you!

GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

• Make sure you have at least 2 years between deliveries. Then, get your body to a healthy weight. From there, all you can do is take care of yourself. Eat right, exercise, take your prenatals, and find a provider that will do VBACs. I hope you get the delivery of your dreams!! I'm hoping for a VBAC one day, too! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Other than what musicpisces said there isn't anything you can do to prepare for a VBAC. if the uterus ruptures during delivery it ruptures. There's nothing you can do to stop or prevent it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I would say wait two years between births, get to a healthy weight, and get good and fit. Then take prenatal vitamins. Good luck!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 1:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Be healthy, just like for any pregnancy/birth. I don't think there's anything you can really do to decrease your risk of uterine rupture before the actual labor and delivery. Just take care of yourself.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2010